Click here for Waiting List Office
This is an appointment to see a Consultant or have a procedure carried out during the day.
Patients need a referral letter from their General Practitioner (G.P.) in order to obtain an outpatient appointment. Children will be accepted up to the eve of their 16th Birthday.
This Referral Letter should be addressed to:
- By Post - Outpatients Department, Name of Speciality, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin, Dublin 12 (OLCHC)
- By hand – Addressed to Outpatients Department
The referral letters are reviewed by the Consultant Team, who decide on the most appropriate appointment time according to medical need.
Patients/Parents/Guardians are informed in writing of the appointment date, time and location. Please note that waiting times vary depending on the specialty.
Outpatient Appointment Text Messaging Reminder Service
OLCHC provides an outpatient appointment Text Messaging Reminder Service. This enables the hospital to send appointment reminders to patients at predefined intervals, prior to their scheduled appointment. A contact number is provided in the text message for parents/guardians/patients to ring if they cannot attend for their Appointment. This service is reliant on the accurate capture of the parents/guardians/patients mobile phone number at registration.
It is very important that you remember the following:
- Ensure that your appointment card, date & time is kept in a secure place.
- Please bring an up to date list of all your child's medicines – including the quantities that your child is taking on any given day.
- If you have special needs or require an interpreter please inform the hospital well in advance of your appointment.
Day Case Admission
A day case admission is a medical or surgical procedure preformed in a day and does not normally involve an overnight stay.
Please contact the hospital if you need to cancel your daycase admission.
Day Unit Contact:
This type of appointment usually involves an overnight stay
There are two main sources of admission
- emergency cases transferred by ambulance following accidents etc.
- elective (pre-arranged non urgent) admissions.
All pre arranged admission dates are provisional.
You will receive an admission card detailing date, ward and consultant.
On the morning of your Admission Date:
You must telephone the Admissions Office on 01 4096100 to confirm that a bed/cot is available.
Waiting List Office
Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin continuously reviews and validates its inpatient, day cases and outpatient waiting lists. We regret that in some specialities there are very long waiting times for appointments and surgery. You can discuss your child’s waiting times with a member of our Waiting List Office staff.
- Telephone to 01 4096 between the hours 9.30 -17.00 Monday to Friday
- By post to Waiting List Office, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin, Dublin 12
- Email Waiting List Office
Cancelling an Appointment/Admission Date
If you are unable to attend on the date scheduled for you (e.g. because of illness or personal reasons) it is really important that you contact the hospital as soon as possible to reschedule. This appointment can then be allocated to someone else. Please note that it may be some time before another admission date or outpatient appointment becomes available.
The Private Consultant Clinic is run seperately to the hospital. If you wish to make an appointment in the Private Clinic please contact: